HomeForum • Stats: S2 | S3RosterClanmatchesRegisterLinks SearchFAQGroupsMembers
The SAP Server Show starring:         , when not listening to the Beatles, (aka Shamwow!!), the magic Llama, (ah, you must be the snake..), or King Kong as we like to call him, , lucky , , and a special guest appearance by
Lawbreakers

Reply to topic    {SAP} sap.superclans.com Forum Index » General Talk View previous topic
View next topic
Lawbreakers
{SAP}Nala
{SAP} Member

Post Lawbreakers Reply with quote
I don't know if this game is any good or not, but I just found it and it looks vaguely reminiscent of UT.

Lawbreakers: http://www.mmorpg.com/lawbreakers/videos/lets-play-the-beta-ripperx-1000005322

Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
{SAP}Nala
{SAP} Member

Post Reply with quote
I also just tried Paladins. And... it's not exciting. It appears to be a lesser cousin of Overwatch, which I haven't played yet.

There seem to be a lot of FPS moba-style games recently. SMITE (which is an ok game) did this about 5 years ago.

Unfortunately, it's still not UT. UT had large maps, long matches, and lots of strategy. Your enemies were people.

In these new games, they've sucked all the depth out of the game in favor of bite-sized spastic dogpiles. Small maps, very short matches, very little strategy. Your enemies are the various built-in characters, not the people behind them. Even in WoW, you sometimes learned specific opponents by name.

Paladins also has a tedious card acquisition system that you have to learn to improve each character. And you have to slowly earn or buy characters, and learn each one, and learn how to defend against each one. I'm guessing Overwatch has a similar system.

Fortunately, it makes getting actual real work done more appealing.

Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:28 pm View user's profile Send private message
{NFA}Wyvern
{NFA} Member

Post Reply with quote
I do really have to recommend Overwatch -- It has a ton of depth, each character has little niche tricks to learn and teamwork is everything.
Plus, there's something for everyone -- There's builders, snipers, flankers, tanks, etc. I bet all of you would pick it up pretty quickly, if I remember how good everyone was at UT.
Wink

Wyvern#11469 (Blizzard account, Overwatch)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ArsMagician/ (Steam account, Rainbow 6: Siege, PUBG, Killing Floor 2)
Wyvern_Archmage (Origin account, Battlefield 4, Dead Space 3, Titanfall 2, eventually Battlefront 2)

HMU!
Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:54 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reply to topic    {SAP} sap.superclans.com Forum Index » General Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: